- Parallel remote interface GPI/O
- Electrically isolated I/Os
- 8 GPI by optical coupler with current source and bridge circuit
- Inverter for input logic
- 8 GPO (TALLY) relays with change over contact (N.O.)
- Inverter for output logic
- Electrically isolated 5V aux voltage supply
Each of the 8 GPOs may be addressed from C8k modules (see module manual)
by sending a predefined GPO number to the CAN bus. The C8817 is permanently
listening to the CAN bus. If it reads such a number, the associated GPO
will be activated. There is a maximum of 127 GPO numbers.
The GPOs may be logically inverted, i.e. a N.O. relay contact becomes N.C.
If one of the 8 GPI inputs is activated, the C8817 will send a predefined
GPI number to the CAN bus. C8k modules are permanently listening
to the CAN bus for such numbers. If any of the C8k modules reads such a number,
the predefined action will be performed by the module.
There is a maximum of 127 GPI numbers. The GPIs may be logically inverted,
i.e. an input now needs 5V for de-activation.